You can add connections to a broad array of services (data sources) in projects and catalogs. Source connections can only be used to read data; target connections can only be used to load (save) data. When you create a target connection, be sure to use credentials that have Write permission or you won’t be able to save data to the target.
Not all connections are available for all Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog plans.
From a project, you must create a connection to a data source before you can read data from it or load data to it.
From a catalog, you must add a connection asset before you can add data assets for the tables you can access from the connection.
Note: This topic does not apply to streams flows. See Creating a connection in a streams flow.
- BigInsights HDFS
- Cloud Object Storage
- Cloud Object Storage (infrastructure)
- Compose for MySQL
- Compose for PostgreSQL
- Db2 Big SQL
- Db2 for i
- Db2 for z/OS
- Db2 Hosted
- Db2 on Cloud
- Db2 Warehouse
- Object Storage OpenStack Swift
- Object Storage OpenStack Swift (infrastructure)
- Pure Data for Analytics
- Watson Analytics (supports source connections only)
- Amazon Redshift
- Amazon S3
- Apache Hive (supports source connections only)
- Cloudera Impala (supports source connections only)
To obtain the application token that’s needed to configure a Dropbox connection, follow the instructions at the Dropbox OAuth guide.
- Google BigQuery
- Google Cloud Storage
- Hortonworks HDFS
- Looker (supports source connections only)
Before you configure the connection, you’ll need to set up API3 credentials for your Looker instance. See instructions at Looker API Authentication.
- Microsoft Azure Data Lake Store
Before you configure the connection, you must create an Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) web application, get an application ID, authentication key, and a tenant ID. Then you must assign the Azure AD application to the Azure Data Lake Store account file or folder. Follow Steps 1, 2, and 3 at Service-to-service authentication with Data Lake Store using Azure Active Directory.
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Pivotal Greenplum
- Remote file system transfer
- Salesforce.com (supports source connections only)
- Sybase (supports source connections only)
- Sybase IQ (supports source connections only)
- Tableau Online (supports source connections only)
Teradata JDBC Driver 15.10 Copyright (C) 2015 - 2017 by Teradata. All rights reserved. IBM provides embedded usage of the Teradata JDBC Driver under license from Teradata solely for use as part of the IBM Watson service offering.