Replicating data (Data Replication)
Use Data Replication to integrate and synchronize data. Data Replication provides near-real-time data delivery with low impact to sources.
Tech preview This is a technology preview and is not yet supported for use in production environments.
- Required service
- Data Replication. You must create and deploy a service instance of Data Replication in Cloud Pak for Data as a Service to replicate your data. For more information, see Creating and managing IBM Cloud services.
- Data formats
- Data Replication works with connections to and from select types of data sources and formats. For more information, see Supported Data Replication connections.
- Data Replication uses your IBM Cloud credentials to connect to the service.
The Data Replication is configured as an asset type that you add to a project. After you create a Data Replication service instance, you need to start running the replication asset, which runs continuously.
You can use the multi-cloud technology and architecture to replicate data to and from supported data sources and targets.
The beta version of Data Replication includes the following key features:
- Managed cloud service for simplicity, automatic provisioning, service availability, lights out operations
- Simplified NEW user experience
- Intuitive UI
- Supports copy of schema or schema/table(s) business goal
- Cloud platform integration
- Standard IBM look and feel for ease of adoption
- Simplifies operations with DDL handling
- New tables that are created on selected source schemas are replicated
- Table level DDL - new columns, drop columns, and others are replicated
- Baked in security by using security standards of the IBM Cloud platform
- Preserves replication core values: Efficient captures from sources, low-latency data delivery, and performance
- Starting Data Replication
- Supported Data Replication connections
- Data Replication beta community on IBM Community
Parent topic: Preparing data