IBM Netezza Performance Server connection
To access your data in IBM Netezza Performance Server, create a connection asset for it.
Netezza Performance Server is a platform for high-performance data warehousing and analytics.
- IBM Netezza Performance Server 11.x
- IBM Netezza appliance software 7.0.x, 7.1.x, 7.2.x
Create a connection to Netezza Performance Server
To create the connection asset, you need the following connection details:
- Database name
- Hostname or IP address
- Port number
- Username and password
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
For Private connectivity, to connect to a database that is not externalized to the internet (for example, behind a firewall), you must set up a secure connection.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
- In a project
- Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
- In a catalog
- Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
- In a deployment space
- Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
- In the Platform assets catalog
- Click New connection. For more information, see Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use Netezza Performance Server connections in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data quality rules (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- DataStage (DataStage service). For more information, see Connecting to a data source in DataStage. The IBM Netezza Performance Server (optimized) connection gives you increased performance and more features such as before and after SQL statements and reject links. However, you cannot use the IBM Netezza Performance Server (optimized) connection outside of the DataStage service.
- Metadata enrichment (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- Metadata import (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- Watson Query service
- You can connect to this data source from Watson Query.
Netezza Performance Server setup
Running SQL statements
To ensure that your SQL statements run correctly, refer to the product documentation:
Parent topic: Supported connections