Amazon RDS for MySQL connection
To access your data in Amazon RDS for MySQL, create a connection asset for it.
Amazon RDS for MySQL is a MySQL relational database that runs on the Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
MySQL database versions 5.6 through 8.0
Create a connection to Amazon RDS for MySQL
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- Database name
- Hostname or IP address
- Port number
- Username and password
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
- In a project
- Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
- In a catalog
- Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
- In a deployment space
- Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
- In the Platform assets catalog
- Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use Amazon RDS for MySQL connections in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- DataStage (DataStage service). See Connecting to a data source in DataStage.
- Decision Optimization (Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning)
- Metadata enrichment (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- Metadata import (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- Notebooks (Watson Studio). Click Read data on the Code snippets pane to get the connection credentials and load the data into a data structure. See Load data from data source connections.
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- Watson Query service
- You can connect to this data source from Watson Query.
Amazon RDS for MySQL setup
For setup instructions, see these topics:
Running SQL statements
To ensure that your SQL statements run correctly, refer to the Amazon RDS for MySQL documentation for the correct syntax.
Parent topic: Supported connections