SAP OData connection
To access your data in SAP OData, create a connection asset for it.
Use the SAP OData connection to extract data from a SAP system through its exposed OData services.
Supported SAP OData products
The SAP OData connection is supported on SAP products that support the OData protocol version 2. Example products are S4/HANA (on premises or cloud), ERP, and CRM.
Create a connection to SAP OData
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- API Key
SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
For Private connectivity, to connect to a database that is not externalized to the internet (for example, behind a firewall), you must set up a secure connection.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
- In a project
- Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
- In a catalog
- Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
- In a deployment space
- Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
- In the Platform assets catalog
- Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use the SAP OData connection in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio)
- DataStage (DataStage service). See Connecting to a data source in DataStage.
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- Watson Query service
- You can connect to this data source from Watson Query.
SAP OData setup
See Prerequisites for using the SAP ODATA Connector for the SAP Gateway setup instructions.
- For Data Refinery, you can use this connection only as a source. You cannot use this connection as a target connection or as a target connected data asset.
- For SPSS Modeler, you cannot create new entity sets.
Parent topic: Supported connections