Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB connection
To access your data in Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB, create a connection asset for it.
Azure Cosmos DB is a fully managed NoSQL database service.
Create a connection to Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- Port number
- Master key: The Azure Cosmos Database primary read-write key
For Private connectivity, to connect to a database that is not externalized to the internet (for example, behind a firewall), you must set up a secure connection.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
- In a project
- Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
- In a catalog
- Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
- In a deployment space
- Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
- In the Platform assets catalog
- Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use Microsoft Azure Cosmos DB connections in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- DataStage (DataStage service). See Connecting to a data source in DataStage.
- Decision Optimization (Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning)
- Notebooks (Watson Studio). Click Read data on the Code snippets pane to get the connection credentials and load the data into a data structure. See Load data from data source connections.
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
Azure Cosmos DB setup
Only the Core (SQL) API is supported.
Running SQL statements
To ensure that your SQL statements run correctly, refer to the Azure Cosmos DB documentation for the correct syntax.
Parent topic: Supported connections