IBM Match 360 connection
Use the IBM Match 360 connection to connect to data that you can transform, refine, or analyze before you bring it into the IBM Match 360 with Watson service.
IBM Match 360 with Watson is a master data management service that helps you to resolve data across different sources and gain a clearer view of each customer, supplier, or partner. Load record data from systems across your enterprise into IBM Match 360 and run matching algorithms to consolidate that data into master data entities. A master data entity is a collection of records that provides a 360-degree view of a person, organization, or other entity. One or many member records can contribute to the master data entity view.
You need an instance of IBM Match 360 with Watson on IBM Cloud.
- Go to cloud.ibm.com.
- Log in with your personal IBM Cloud credentials or create an account.
- From your dashboard, click Create resource, then select Services from the left navigation pane.
- Select the IBM Match 360 with Watson tile to create an IBM Match 360 service instance.
Create a connection to IBM Match 360
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- CRN: The Cloud Resource Name of the IBM Match 360 with Watson instance. To obtain the CRN, go to the Resource list, expand Services and software, select the IBM Match 360 with Watson instance, and click the Location column.
- API key: To obtain the API key, go to the API keys. You can use any API key. If you don't have an API key, you can create one.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
In a project
Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
In a catalog
Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
In the Platform assets catalog
Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use the IBM Match 360 connection in the following workspaces and tools:
- DataStage (DataStage service). See Connecting to a data source in DataStage.
- Metadata import (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)Note:
Preview, profile, and masking are not certified for this connection in IBM Knowledge Catalog.
Limitations and known issues
The number of records that are included in previews for entity type data assets is limited to 100 records.
A single user cannot run two bulk load jobs at the same time.
When you use IBM Match 360 as a target connection, do not map these system attributes:
- About IBM Match 360 with Watson
- Managing master data by using IBM Match 360 with Watson
- Getting started tutorial
Parent topic: Supported connections