To access your data in SingleStoreDB, create a connection asset for it.
SingleStoreDB is a fast, distributed, and highly scalable cloud-based SQL database. You can use SingleStoreDB to power real-time and data-intensive applications.
Create a connection to SingleStoreDB
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- Database name
- Hostname or IP address
- Port number
- Username and password
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
In a project
Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
In a catalog
Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
In a deployment space
Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
- In the Platform assets catalog
- Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use the SingleStoreDB connection in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- DataStage (DataStage service). See Connecting to a data source in DataStage.
- Decision Optimization (Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning)
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)Note:
Preview, profile, and masking do not work for this connection in IBM Knowledge Catalog.
To set up SingleStoreDB, see Getting Started with SingleStoreDB Cloud.
Running SQL statements
To ensure that your SQL statements run correctly, refer to the SingleStore Docs SQL Reference for the correct syntax.
- SingleStoreDB Cloud
- SingleStoreDB with IBM for information about the IBM partnership with SingleStoreDB that provides a single source of procurement, support, and security.
Parent topic: Supported connections