To access your data in OData, create a connection asset for it.
The OData (Open Data) protocol is a REST-based data access protocol. The OData connection reads data from a data source that uses the OData protocol.
The OData connection is supported on OData protocol version 2 or version 4.
Create a connection to OData
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- Service root URL: The URL to access the service root of a site that has implemented the OData protocol. Consult the client product's documentation to confirm the Service root URL.
- Timeout seconds: Timeout value for the HTTP calls.
- API Key
SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
For Private connectivity, to connect to a database that is not externalized to the internet (for example, behind a firewall), you must set up a secure connection.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
- In a project
- Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
- In a catalog
- Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
- In a deployment space
- Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
- In the Platform assets catalog
- Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use the OData connection in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
To set up the OData service, see How to Use Web API OData to Build an OData V4 Service without Entity Framework.
- For Data Refinery, you can use this connection only as a source. You cannot use this connection as a target connection or as a target connected data asset.
- For SPSS Modeler, you cannot create new entity sets.
Parent topic: Supported connections