To access your data in Dremio, create a connection asset for it.
Dremio is an open data lake platform. It supports all the major third-party data sources. You can connect to an instance on Dremio Cloud or Dremio Software (on-prem).
Create a connection to Dremio
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
Hostname or IP address: You can create a Dremio Cloud instance only in the European Union (EU) or the United States (US). Use
data.eu.dremio.cloudfor the EU and use
data.dremio.cloudfor the US. Dremio Software can be hosted anywhere.
Port number: The default port for Dremio Cloud instances is
443and for Dremio Software it is
- To connect to Dremio Cloud, you must use a Personal Access Token for authentication. Select Port is SSL-enabled and enter the Personal Access Token. To generate a Personal Access Token, see the instructions Personal Access Tokens for Dremio Cloud.
- To connect to Dremio Software, you can use a username and password or you can use a Personal Access Token for authentication. To use a Personal Access Token, select Port is SSL-enabled and enter the Personal Access Token. To generate a Personal Access Token, see the instructions Personal Access Tokens for Dremio Software.
- Select Port is SSL-enabled to connect to Dremio Cloud.
- Select Port is SSL-enabled and enter an SSL certificate if you want to connect to Dremio Software with SSL.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
In a project
Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
In a catalog
Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
In a deployment space
Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
- In the Platform assets catalog
- Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use the Dremio connection in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- DataStage (DataStage service). See Connecting to a data source in DataStage.
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)Note:
Preview, profile, and masking are not certified for this connection in IBM Knowledge Catalog.
You can use this connection only for reading data. You cannot write data or export data with this connection.
Running SQL statements
To ensure that your SQL statements run correctly, refer to the Dremio SQL Reference for the correct syntax.
Parent topic: Supported connections