IBM Db2 (optimized) connection
To access your data with the IBM Db2 (optimized) connection, create a connection asset for it. This connection works with the DataStage IBM Db2 (optimized) connector, which has exclusive features for DataStage.
Use the IBM Db2 (optimized) connection to connect to data from any of the following databases:
|11.1 and 11.5
|IBM Db2 for i
|7.2 and 7.3
|IBM Db2 for z/OS
|11, 12, and 13
|IBM Db2 Warehouse
|IBM Db2 Warehouse on Cloud
|IBM Integrated Analytics System
- Not all database products support the same set of features (for example, external tables are not available in Db2 for z/OS, Db2 for i, Db2 version 11.1 or later).
- Database product requirements or limitations influence the behavior of Db2 connection (for example, change to default constraint-enforcement behavior on newly deployed Db2 Warehouse on Cloud systems).
- External tables require IBM Data Server Client version 11.5 or later.
Create a connection with IBM Db2 (optimized) connection
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- Database name
- Hostname or IP address
- Port number. The default Db2 port number is
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
For credentials, choose one of the following methods:
- Username and password
- API key: You can use an API key if your Db2 instance supports API keys for credentials. The API key connection property is supported by Db2 starting from version 11.5 Mod Pack 4.
Advanced settings (optional)
Keep conductor connection alive: Select to keep the connector conductor process connected during the job run. Selecting this option might speed up the processing. If you do not select this option, the connector conductor process disconnects from the database while the player processes run. The conductor then reconnects when the player processes are complete. To save resources for long-lasting jobs, do not select this option.
Options: Use this field to enter additional CLI/ODBC connection properties that are specific to the Db2 connection. Use a
key=value format where each pair is separated by a semicolon character. For information
on possible values, see CLI/ODBC configuration keywords listing by category in the Db2 documentation.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
In a project
Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
In the Platform assets catalog
Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
In a deployment space
Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use the IBM Db2 (optimized) connection in the following workspaces and tools:
- DataStage (DataStage service). See Connecting to a data source in DataStage.
- Platform assets catalog
Parent topic: Supported connections