IBM Db2 Big SQL connection
To access your data in IBM Db2 Big SQL, create a connection asset for it.
IBM Db2 Big SQL is a high performance massively parallel processing (MPP) SQL engine for Hadoop that makes querying enterprise data from across the organization an easy and secure experience.
Db2 Big SQL for Version 4.1+
Create a connection to IBM Db2 Big SQL
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- Database name
- Hostname or IP address
- Port number
- Username and password
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
For Private connectivity, to connect to a database that is not externalized to the internet (for example, behind a firewall), you must set up a secure connection.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
- In a project
- Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
- In a catalog
- Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
- In a deployment space
- Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
- In the Platform assets catalog
- Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use IBM Db2 Big SQL connections in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- DataStage (DataStage service). See Connecting to a data source in DataStage.
- Decision Optimization (Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning)
- Metadata enrichment (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- Metadata import (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- Watson Query service
- You can connect to this data source from Watson Query.
IBM Db2 Big SQL setup
Running SQL statements
To ensure that your SQL statements run correctly, refer to the IBM Db2 Big SQL documentation for the correct syntax.
Parent topic: Supported connections