Creating and managing IBM Cloud services
You can create IBM Cloud service instances within Cloud Pak for Data as a Service from the Services catalog.
- You must be signed up for Cloud Pak for Data as a Service.
- Required permissions
- For creating or managing a service instance, you must have Administrator or Editor platform access roles in the IBM Cloud account for Cloud Pak for Data as a Service. If you signed up for Cloud Pak for Data as a Service with your own IBM Cloud account, you are the owner of the account. Otherwise, you can check your IBM Cloud account roles and permissions.
Creating a service
To view the Services catalog, select Services > Services catalog from the main menu. For a description of each service, see Services.
To check which service instances you have, select Services > Service instances from the main menu. You can filter which services you see by resource group, organization, and region.
To create a service:
- Log in to Cloud Pak for Data as a Service.
- Select Services > Services catalog from the main menu.
- Click the service you want to create.
- Specify the IBM Cloud service region.
- Select a plan.
- If necessary, select the resource group or organization.
- Click Create.
To manage a service:
- Select Services > Service instances from the main menu.
- Click the Action menu next to the service name and select Manage in IBM Cloud. The service page in IBM Cloud opens in a separate browser tab.
- To change pricing plans, select Plan and choose the desired plan.
Parent topic: IBM Cloud services