Managing your Watson apps
As the owner or an administrator of the IBM Cloud account for IBM Watson, you can monitor and manage the Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog apps.
An IBM Cloud account administrator is a user in the account who was assigned the Administrator role in IBM Cloud for the All Identity and Access enabled services option in IAM (Manage > Account (IAM)). See Managing IAM access. If you’re not sure of your roles, see Determine your roles.
- Add a Watson app
- Manage Watson apps in IBM Cloud
- Switch service region
- Migrate your Watson Studio service instance from a Cloud Foundry org and space to a resource group
- Upgrade your Watson apps or IBM Cloud services
- Stop using Watson apps
- Monitor account resource usage
- View and manage Watson Studio environment runtimes
- Manage authorized users for Watson Studio
- Configure IBM Cloud Object Storage for project and catalog creation
- Assign Watson Knowledge Catalog administrators
Add a Watson app
If you don’t have either Watson app, sign up to activate your Watson apps.
If you have one Watson app, you can add the other one. To add another Watson app, click your avatar, choose Profile and settings, and then click the Apps tab. Choose the app to add. The app is provisioned with the Lite plan. If you want a different plan, you can change it.
Manage Watson apps services in IBM Cloud
You can manage your Watson apps as services in IBM Cloud. Click your avatar, choose Profile and settings, and then click the Apps tab. You can make these changes:
Switch service region
Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog apps are available in multiple IBM Cloud service regions and you can have apps in more than one region. Your projects, catalogs, and data are specific to the region in which they were saved and can be accessed only from your apps in that region. For example, if you provisioned Watson Studio apps in the Dallas and the Frankfurt regions, you can’t access projects that you created with the Watson Studio app in the Frankfurt region from the Watson Studio app in the Dallas region.
To switch your service region:
- Click your avatar and choose Change region. You see an offering plan name for any instances of Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog apps that you can access across the service regions.
- On the Regions page, select a region that has available apps.
Migrate your Watson Studio service instance from a Cloud Foundry org and space to a resource group
You can migrate your Watson Studio service instance from a Cloud Foundry org and space to a resource group in IBM Cloud. Resource groups include finer-grained access control by using IBM Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM), the ability to connect service instances to apps and service across different regions, and an easy way to view usage per group.
For instructions, see IBM Cloud: Migrating Cloud Foundry service instances to a resource group.