IBM Cloud Databases for DataStax connection
To access your data in IBM Cloud Databases for DataStax, create a connection asset for it.
IBM Cloud Databases for DataStax is a scale-out NoSQL database in IBM Cloud that is built on Apache Cassandra. It’s designed to power real-time applications with high availability and massive scalability.
Create a connection to IBM Cloud Databases for DataStax
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- Host name
- Port number
- Username and password
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
Recommended values to insert into "SSL certificate", "Key certificate" and "Private key" fields can be found in
secure-connect-bundle.zip. It can be downloaded from the Databases for DataStax instance
Overview). After downloading secure connect bundle, unzip it, and you'll find the following:
- SSL certificate property: contents of
- Private key property: contents of
In order to paste contents of
key into Private key property, it has to be parsed to one-line. It can be done for example by executing following in the console:
tr -d '\n' < key. The output from this command can be
Private key property.
- Key certificate property: contents of
For Private connectivity, to connect to a database that is not externalized to the internet (for example, behind a firewall), you must set up a secure connection.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
- In a project
- Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
- In a catalog
- Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
- In a deployment space
- Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
- In the Platform assets catalog
- Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or IBM Knowledge Catalog)
- DataStage (DataStage service). See Connecting to a data source in DataStage.
- Decision Optimization (Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning)
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
Platform assets catalog
Other catalogs (IBM Knowledge Catalog)Note:
Preview, profile, and masking do not work for this connection in IBM Knowledge Catalog.
IBM Cloud Databases for DataStax setup
Parent topic: Supported connections