Publishing assets from a project into a catalog
You can publish data assets, connections, folder assets, notebooks, trained models, and dashboards from a project into a catalog.
You can publish from a project to a catalog if these requirements are met:
- You have the Admin or Editor role in both the project and the catalog.
- Both the project and the catalog must be created by members of the same IBM Cloud account, or, if your company set up SAML federation on IBM Cloud, employees of the same company.
- The project uses IBM Cloud Object Storage.
Publishing does not require the restricted collaborators setting on the project.
To publish an asset from a project to a catalog:
- From the project, select the assets that you want to publish to the catalog, and click Publish. Imported data assets can also be published from within the metadata import.
- Choose the catalog and fill in the asset properties. If any of the assets require a connection, those connections are listed and will be added to the catalog as connection assets, including connections to IBM Cloud Object Storage for uploaded files. If you don’t want to publish a connection, you can remove it. All assets that require the removed connection are removed from the list of assets to publish.
- If you are publishing a dashboard asset, you can provide a preview by taking and attaching screen captures.
- Click Publish. The assets are added to the catalog and you are the owner of them.
After an asset appears on the catalog Browse page, click its name to view and update it.
If policies are enforced for the catalog, the preview for a data asset is unavailable until the asset is evaluated by policies.
Watch these short videos to see how to add assets to a catalog.