IBM Planning Analytics connection
You can create a connection asset for IBM Planning Analytics in a project or in a catalog. If you have a Watson Machine Learning Server service instance, you can promote the connection asset from a project to a deployment space.
Planning Analytics (formerly known as “TM1”) is an enterprise performance management database that stores data in in-memory multidimensional OLAP cubes.
These tools support Planning Analytics connections:
- Data Refinery. You must choose a view as the source.
- Notebooks. You can use the insert-to-code function to get the connection credentials and then write your own code to access the data. See Load data from data source connections.
- SPSS Modeler. You can import only from a view and export only to a cube. For information about exporting to a Planning Analytics cube in SPSS Modeler, see Data Asset Export node.
- For Data Refinery, you can use this connection only as a source. You cannot use this connection as a target connection or as a target connected data asset.
- For SPSS Modeler, in the Data Asset Export node, you must select Replace the data set when exporting to Planning Analytics.
IBM Planning Analytics, version 2.0.5 or later
Planning Analytics setup
Enable TM1 REST APIs on the TM1 Server. See TMI REST API Installation and configuration.
(Optional) SSL certificate or SSL certificate file
These authentication methods are supported:
- CAM Credentials
- CAM Passport
- Windows Integrated Authentication Token
For authentication setup information, see Authenticating and managing sessions.
Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog plans
The IBM Planning Analytics connection is available on all Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog plans.