IBM Cognos Analytics connection
You can create a connection asset for IBM Cognos Analytics in a project or in a catalog. If you have a Watson Machine Learning Server service instance, you can promote the connection asset from a project to a deployment space.
Cognos Analytics is an AI-fueled business intelligence platform that supports the entire analytics cycle, from discovery to operationalization.
These tools support Cognos Analytics connections:
- Data Refinery
- Notebooks. You can use the insert-to-code function to get the connection credentials and load the data into a data frame. See Load data from data source connections.
- SPSS Modeler
- For Data Refinery, you can use this connection only as a source. You cannot use this connection as a target connection or as a target connected data asset.
- For SPSS Modeler, you can use this connection only to import data. You cannot export data to this connection or to a Cognos Analytics connected data asset.
IBM Cognos Analytics 11
Cognos Analytics setup
Instructions for setting up Cognos Analytics: Getting started in Cognos Analytics.
(Optional) SSL certificate
- Username and password.
- Anonymous access is supported if it is enabled on the server.
Supported content types
- Report (except Reports that require prompts)
Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog plans
The IBM Cognos Analytics connection is available on all Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog plans.