Sharing notebooks with a URL
You can create a URL to share the last saved version of a notebook on social media or with people outside of Watson Studio. The URL shows a read-only view of the notebook. Anyone who has the URL can view or download the notebook.
The URL remains valid while the project and notebook exist and while the notebook is shared. If you un-share the notebook, the URL becomes invalid. When you un-share, and then re-share the notebook, the URL will be the same again.
The URL always points to the most recent version of the notebook. If you want the URL to point to your most recent changes, you must save a new version of the notebook with the File > Save Version command. Clicking File > Save only saves your changes; the command doesn’t create a new version of the notebook and the share URL isn’t updated. The URL still points to an older version of the notebook.
You must have the Admin or Editor role in the project to share a notebook URL. The shared notebook shows the author of the shared version and when the notebook version was last updated.
To share a notebook URL:
- Open the notebook in edit mode.
- If necessary, add code to hide sensitive code cells.
- Create a saved version of the notebook by clicking File > Save Version.
- Click the Share icon ().
- Select to share the link.
- Choose a sharing option:
- Choose Only text and output to hide all code cells.
- Choose All content excluding sensitive code cells to hide code cells that you marked as sensitive.
- Choose All content, including code to show everything, even code cells that you marked as sensitive. Make sure that you remove your credential and other sensitive information before you choose this option and every time before you save a new version of the notebook.
- Copy the link or choose a social media site on which to share the URL.