Tags are ungoverned text labels that you can add to governance artifacts to simplify searching.
Tags are not subject to any workflow. Any user can add tags.
A tag consists of one string of up to 255 characters. It can contain spaces, letters, numbers, underscores, dashes, and the symbols # and @.
You must have one of these category collaborator roles in the primary category for the governance artifact to add tags to it:
- A custom role with the permission to edit an artifact type.
You can't edit or delete existing tags. When you create tags for governance artifacts, they can be used only for governance artifacts.
To assign a tag to a governance artifact:
- Open the artifact's About pane.
- Click in the Tags section.
- Type the name of the tag and select an existing tag or click New tag.
- When you're finished adding tags, click Done.