Profiling data assets
The profile of a data asset includes generated metadata and statistics about the textual content of the data. You can see the profile on the asset’s Profile page in a catalog or in a project. All catalog or project members can see data asset profiles.
Profiles are automatically created in these situations:
- In catalogs, profiles for unstructured data assets are created automatically, regardless of whether data policies are enforced.
- In catalogs with data policy enforcement, profiles for structured data assets are created automatically.
You must manually create profiles in these situations:
- In catalogs without data policy enforcement, you must create profiles for structured data assets.
- In projects, you must create profiles for both structured and unstructured data assets.
You must have the Admin or Editor role in the project or catalog to create or update a profile.
To create a profile:
- Go to the asset’s Profile page.
- Optional. Click Select classifiers, choose which data classes to include in the profile, and click Apply.
- Click Create Profile.
You can update an existing profile when the data changes or when you want to change the data classes to include in the profile.