Scheduling a notebook
Notebook scheduling is not supported if you run your notebook in an IBM Analytics Engine service.
To schedule a notebook:
- Click from the notebook’s menu bar and select Create a job.
- Enter a name, a description and select a version. The most recently saved version of the notebook is used by default.If no version of the notebook exists, you must create a version by clicking from the notebook action bar.
- Select the runtime. By default, the job uses the same environment definition which is selected for the notebook.
Optional: Add a one-time or repeating schedule for the notebook run. Ensure that you define meaningful date and time ranges. You can’t change the time zone; the schedule uses the time zone setting on your browser. You can select to exclude days in schedules running by minutes, hours and days. Excluding days is not available for schedules that run by the week, where you must select a specific day in the week, and by the month, where again you must select a day in the month.
Note that if you exclude certain week days, the job might not run as you would expect. The reason might be due to a discrepancy between the timezone of the user who creates the schedule, and the timezone of the compute node where the job runs.
Create a notebook job and run it immediately, or create a job and run it later. All notebook code cells are run and all output cells are updated.
The notebook job is listed under Jobs in your project.
You can view the job details:
- From an opened notebook by clicking from the notebook’s menu bar and selecting View job details. If more than one job exists for a notebook, select which job details to view.
- From the Jobs tab of your project by clicking the job.