Manage default settings
You can manage the global settings of your IBM Watson Pipelines such as a default error policy and default rules for node caching.
Global settings apply to all nodes in the pipeline unless local node settings overwrite them. To update global settings, click the Manage default settings icon on the toolbar. You can configure:
Setting global error policy
You can define the behavior of Pipelines when an error occurs.
- Fail pipeline on error stops the flow and initiates an error-handling flow.
- Continue pipeline on error tries to continue running the pipeline.
You can configure the behavior of Pipelines for error handling.
- Create custom-error handling response: Customize an error-handling response. Add an error handling node to the canvas so you can configure a custom error response. The response applies to all configured nodes to fail when
an error occurs.
- Show icon on nodes linked to error handling pipeline: An icon flags a node with an error to help debug the flow.
To learn more about error handling, see Managing pipeline errors
Setting node caches
Manual caching for nodes sets the default for how the pipeline caches and stores information. You can override these settings for individual nodes.
Default cache usage frequency
You can change the following cache settings:
Choose whether to enable automatic caching for all nodes or choose to manually set cache conditions for specific nodes.
- Enable automatic caching for all nodes (recommended)
All nodes that support caching enable it by default. Setting Creation Mode or Copy Mode in your node's settings to
Overwriteautomatically disables cache, if the node supports these setting parameters.
- Enable caching for specific nodes in the node properties panel.
In individual nodes, you can select Create data cache at this node in Output to allow caching for individual nodes. A save icon appears on nodes that uses this feature.
Choose the conditions for using cached data.
- Do not use cache
- Always use cache
- Use cache when all selected conditions are met
- Retrying from a previous failed run
- Input values for the current pipeline are unchanged from previous run
- Pipeline version is unchanged from previous run
To view and download your cache data, see Run tracker in your flow. You can download the results by opening a preview of the node's cache and clicking the download icon.
Resetting the cache
If your cache was enabled, you can choose to reset your cache when you run a Pipelines job. When you click Run again, you can select Clear pipeline cache in Define run settings. By choosing this option, you are overriding the default cache settings to reset the cache for the current run. However, the pipeline still creates cache for subsequent runs while cache is enabled.
Managing your Pipelines settings
Configure other global settings for your Pipelines asset.
Choose to automatically save your current Pipelines canvas at a selected frequency. Only changes that impact core pipeline flow are saved.
DataStage functions for Expression Builder
Select DataStage functions to enable DataStage functions in the Pipelines Expression Builder. To learn more about the DataStage functions, see DataStage Functions that are used in Pipelines Expression Builder.
Parent topic: IBM Watson Pipelines