Assigning existing users IAM Editor access
IBM Cloud services are transitioning from using Cloud Foundry organizations for access control to using Identity and Access management (IAM). If you added users to your IBM Cloud account without assigning IAM access, your users might not be able to provision instances of some services, for example, Visual Recognition.
To assign a user the IAM Editor role:
- From the Cloud Pak for Data as a Service main menu, click Administer > Access (IAM).
- Click Users in the navigation pane.
- Click the appropriate user name.
- Click the Access policies tab, and then click Assign access.
- Select IAM services and select these values:
- From the What type of access do you want to assign? list, select All Identity and Access enabled services.
- From the resource group list, select the resource group name that you want to use for Cloud Pak for Data as a Service, for example, Resource group: default.
- From the Region list, select All regions.
- In the Platform access section, select Editor.
- In the Service access section, select Writer.
- In the Resource group access section, select Viewer and Editor. You might need to click View all to see the Editor option.
- Click Add +.
- Click Assign.