Data Asset Export node
You can use the Data Asset Export node to write to remote data sources using connections, write to a data file on your local computer (.csv, .txt, or .sav), or write data to a project (delimited or .sav).
Double-click the node to open its properties. Various options are available as described below.
If the data already exists, specify whether to replace it, append the output to the existing data set, or stop with an error.
After running the node, you can find the data at the export location you specified.
Exporting to a project
Under Export to, select This project and then select the project path. For File type, select either Delimited or SAV.
Exporting to a connection
Under Export to, select Save to a connection to open the Asset Browser and then select the connection to export to.
Exporting to a local file
Under Export to, select Save to local computer to open a dialog and select a location on your computer.
Setting the field delimiter, quote character, and decimal symbol
Exporting data to an SPSS Statistics data file
When you export data to an SPSS Statistics .sav file, the following additional options are available:
- Names and variable labels. Select to export both SPSS Modeler field names and field labels. Names are exported as SPSS Statistics variable names, while labels are exported as SPSS Statistics variable labels.
- Names as variable labels. Select to use the SPSS Modeler field names as variable labels in SPSS Statistics. SPSS Modeler allows characters in field names that are not valid in SPSS Statistics variable names. To prevent possibly creating SPSS Statistics names that aren't valid, select Names as variable labels instead, or adjust field names.
Exporting data to Planning Analytics (TM1)
Planning Analytics version 2.0.5 or higher is supported.
If you export to a Planning Analytics database connection, you select a cube (not a view) and the dimensions will be automatically mapped to fields by name. Before exporting to Planning Analytics, make sure the dimensions can be mapped to your data fields (rename or derive the required fields if needed). You'll encounter errors if the input schema doesn't exactly match the cube of the export schema. Since the target schema is fixed, renaming of derivation must be from the incoming data.
Note that you can only overwrite an existing data asset – you can't append to a data asset, stop with an error, do nothing, or create a new one as you can with other connection types. The data will be replaced completely. You must select the option Replace the data set when exporting to Planning Analytics.
WDP Connection Errorin the following situations:
- Export to an unsupported version of Planning Analytics (2.0.5 or higher is required)
- Export to an existing cube that has a different schema than the incoming data
- Export to a nonexistent cube
- Export using any option under If the data set already exists other than Replace the data set.
dataassetexport = stream.findByType("dataassetexport", None) dataassetexport.setPropertyValue("connection_path", "/WNF86544/predictions") dataassetexport.setPropertyValue("write_mode", "Overwrite") dataassetexport.run()
||Data type||Property description|
||Name of the data asset (table) you want to access from a selected connection. The value of
this property is:
||The corresponding values in the user interface are: