The deployments dashboard is an aggregate view of all deployment activity available to you, across spaces. Get a broad view of all deployment activity, or use filters and views to focus on specific deployments or types of runs. If you are a model builder or developer you can use it to monitor your own deployment activity. ModelOps or DevOps users can review and monitor the activity for an organization.
Accessing the Deployments dashboard
Click Deployments in the navigation pane. If you have not created any deployment spaces you are prompted to create a space. This figure shows an example of a Deployments dashboard with a lot of deployment activity.
The dashboard view has two tabs:
- Activity lets you review all of the deployment activity across spaces. You can sort and filter this view to focus on a particular type of activity, such as failed deployments, or jobs with active runs, or you can review metrics such as number of deployment spaces with active deployments.
- Spaces lists all spaces you can access. View the overview information, such as the number of deployments and job runs in a space, or click on a space name to view details and create deployments or jobs.
View the overview information for finished runs, active runs, or online deployments, or drill down to view details.
The Finished runs section shows activity in jobs over a specified time interval. The default is to view finished jobs for the last 8 hours. This shows jobs that are completed, canceled or failed across all of your deployment spaces within the specified timeframe. Click View finished runs to view a list of runs.
The view provides more detail on the finished runs and a visualization showing run times.
Note: If your Cloud Pak for Data was upgraded from an earlier version, the Deployments dashboard will not display run metadata from existing runs in the visualizations. For example, the chart for finished runs will not show run type, such as data refinery, in the visualization. Labels will display correctly for runs created following the upgrade.
Filter the view to focus on a particular type of activity:
- Jobs with active runs Shows jobs that have active runs (running, started, or queued) across all spaces you can access.
- Active runs - Shows runs that are in the running, started, or queued state across all jobs you can access.
- Jobs with finished runs - Shows jobs with runs that are completed, canceled, or failed.
- Finished runs - Shows runs that are completed, canceled, or failed.
The Active runs section displays runs that are currently running or are in the starting or queued state. Click View active runs to view a list of the runs.
The Deployments section shows all online deployments, including all web services and Shiny web apps, sorted into categories for deployed or failed deployments. Click View deployments to view the list of deployments you can access.
From any view, you can start from the overview and drill down to see the detail for a particular job or run. You can also filter the view to focus on a particular type of deployment.
For example this iullstrationdemonstrates how to focus on completed batch deployments:
View a list of spaces you can access, with overview information such as number of deployments and collaborators. Click the name of a space to view details or add assets, and to create new deployments or jobs. Use the view filter to change from the default list of all spaces to showing Active spaces, with deployments or jobs, or Inactive spaces, with no deployments or jobs.
Use spaces to organize your deployment activity.