Migrating import and export nodes
You can import a stream (.str) that was created in SPSS Modeler Subscription or SPSS Modeler client.
If the imported stream contains one or more source (import) or export nodes, you'll be prompted to convert the nodes. Watson Studio will walk you through the migration process. If the stream contains multiple import nodes that use the same data file, then you must first add that file to your project as a data asset before migrating because the conversion can't upload the same file to more than one import node. After adding the data asset to your project, reopen the flow and proceed with the migration using the new data asset.
Configure export nodes to export to your project or to a connection. The following export nodes are supported:
|Supported SPSS Modeler export nodes|
|IBM Cognos Analytics Export|
- When migrating export nodes, you're converting node types that don't exist in Watson Studio. The nodes are converted to Data Asset export nodes or a connection. Therefore, in most cases the new node or connection doesn't exist yet and you need to type a name for the new asset in the migration tool. Or you can select an existing asset if one already exists.
- If, after selecting an existing data asset, you decide you want to use a new connected asset instead, you can edit the text field to type the name of a new asset.
- To preserve any type or filter information, when an import node is replaced with Data Asset nodes, they're converted to a supernode.
- After migration, you can go back later and use the Convert button if you want to migrate a node that you skipped previously.
- If the stream you imported uses scripting, you may encounter an error when you run the flow even after completing a migration. This could be due to the flow script containing a reference to an unsupported import or export node. To avoid such errors, you must remove the scripting code that references the unsupported node.