Add data from a connection to a project
You can create a connected data asset based on a specific relational table or view, a set of partitioned data files, or a file that is accessed through a connection to a data source. You can also add a folder asset that is accessed through a connection in the same way. See Add a folder asset to a project.
To add a data asset from a connection to an IBM Watson project:
- Click Add to project > Connected asset.
- Select an existing connection asset as the source of the data. If you don't have any connection assets, click Create Connection and create a connection asset.
- Select the data you want and click Select. For partitioned data, select the folder that contains the files. If the files are recognized as partitioned data, you see the
This folder contains a partitioned data set.
- Add a name and description.
- Click Create. The asset appears on the project Assets page.
Watch this video to see how to create a connection and add connected data to a project.
- Refine the data
- Analyze the data with notebooks or dashboards
- Analyze the data with models or AI
- Publish the data asset to a catalog