Wave Generator stage: Properties section
Use the Properties section on the Stage tab to specify how the Wave Generator stage operates.
- Select how the Wave Generator stage inserts end-of-wave markers. The following table describes
the Wave Generator stage options.
Table 1. Wave Generator options Option Description Generate by count Specifies the record count. An end-of-wave marker is inserted into the flow after the specified number of records has been received since the last end-of-wave marker was inserted. When an end-of-wave marker is inserted, the record count is reset. This is the default option. Generate by column value Specifies the mode and specify a column to flag the end of wave. You also specify a value that the Wave Generator marker will compare with the column in the incoming record. If the value matches, an end-of-wave marker is inserted. You can use another option to specify whether to insert the end-of-wave marker before or after the current record. Split duplicate keys Specifies a string column to flag the end of wave. An end-of-wave marker is inserted if a duplicate key within the wave is encountered. The end-of-wave marker is inserted before the record containing the duplicate key is propagated.
These properties are available when you select the Generate by column value or Split duplicate keys wave generation modes.
- Column name
- This property is displayed if you select either the Generate by column value or Split duplicate keys wave generation mode.
- If you select the Generate by column value mode, specify the name of the column whose value is used to detect end-of-wave. The value in this column is compared with the value specified in the Column value property. If the values match, an end-of-wave marker is inserted. The column must be of string or integer type.
- If you selected the Split duplicate keys mode, specify the name of the key column. If duplicate values in this column are detected within the same wave, an end-of-wave marker is inserted.
- Column value
- This property is displayed if you select the Generate by column value wave generation mode. Specify the value to be compared to the value in the column specified by the Column name property.
This property is available when you select the Generate by count wave generation mode:
- Record count
- Specify the number of records that comprise a wave.