Change Apply stage: fast path
This section specifies the minimum steps to take to get a Change Apply stage functioning.
DataStage® has many defaults, which means that it can be easy to include Change Apply stages in a job. DataStage provides a versatile user interface, and there are many shortcuts to achieving a particular end. This section describes the basic method.
To use a Change Apply stage:
- In the Stage page Properties Tab:
- Specify the key column. You can repeat this property to specify a composite key. Before and change rows are considered to be the same if they have the same value in the key column or columns.
- Optionally specify one or more Value columns.
(You can also set the Change Mode property to have IBM® DataStage treat all columns that are not defined as keys that are treated as values, or all columns that are not defined as values that are treated as keys.)
- In the Stage page Link Ordering Tab, specify which of the two links carries the before data set and which carries the change data set.
- In the Output Page , specify how the change data columns are mapped onto the output link columns.