Make Vector stage
The Make Vector stage is an active stage that combines specified columns of an input data record into a vector of columns. The stage has certain requirements.
The Make Vector stage is an active stage. It can have a single input link and a single output link.
The Make Vector stage combines specified columns of an input data record into a vector of columns. The stage has the following requirements:
- The input columns must form a numeric sequence, and must all be of the same type.
- The numbers must increase by one.
- The columns must be named column_name0 to column_namen, where column_name starts the name of a column and 0 and n are the first and last of its consecutive numbers.
- The columns do not have to be in consecutive order.
All these columns are combined into a vector of the same length as the number of columns (n+1). The vector is called column_name. Any input columns that do not have a name of that form will not be included in the vector but will be output as top-level columns.
The Split Vector stage performs the inverse operation. See "Split Vector Stage."
The stage editor has three tabs:
- Stage tab. This tab is always present and is used to specify general information about the stage.
- Input tab. This tab is where you specify the details about the single input set from which you are selecting records.
- Output tab. This tab is where you specify details about the processed data being output from the stage.