Create a catalog
Create a catalog to organize your assets and collaborators. Some Watson Knowledge Catalog plans have limits on the number of catalogs that you can create.
- You must have special permissions to create a catalog. If you don't see the New Catalog button on the Your Catalogs page, ask your IBM Watson administrator to give you the Admin role for the Watson Knowledge Catalog app.
- You must specify the IBM Cloud Object Storage instance configured during IBM Cloud account setup. If you are not an administrator for the IBM Cloud Object Storage instance, it must be configured to allow catalog creation.
The object storage that you associate with the catalog will contain files for assets that are copied into the catalog. For example, if you add local files or a notebook to the catalog, the information about those files are stored as assets in the catalog and the associated files are stored in object storage.
To create a catalog:
- Click Catalogs > View All Catalogs to get to the Your Catalogs page, and then click New Catalog.
- Specify these properties:
- A name and optional description for the catalog.
- The IBM Cloud Object Storage service. A dedicated storage bucket for the catalog is automatically created.
- Whether to enforce data policies on the catalog. If you enable it, you can't disable it. See Data policies.
- Click Create. Your new catalog opens. You can start adding assets and collaborators to it. You have the Admin role within the catalog.
You can see the connections to IBM Cloud Object Storage on the catalog Settings page.
Watch this short video to see how to create a catalog and find assets fast.