Create new scenario
To solve with different versions of your model or data you can create new scenarios in the Decision Optimization model builder.
About this task
You can change your input data to examine the effects on the model. As mentioned, this could take the form of excluding hot dog from the solution to generate a vegetarian variant of the diet.
- Click the Manage scenarios icon to open the Scenario panel.
- Use the Create Scenario drop-down menu to create a new scenario from the current one.
- Add a name for the duplicate scenario and click Create.
Working in your new scenario, in the Prepare data
view, open the
diet_fooddata table in full mode.
Locate the entry for Hotdog at row 9, and set the
qmaxvalue to 0 to exclude hot dog from possible solutions.
- Switch to the Run model view and run the model again.
- You can see the impact of your changes on the solution by switching from one scenario to the other.
In the Visualization view, the solution is displayed for the current scenario in the Explore solution page. To add another chart to display the previous scenario, click the Chart icon and then edit it. In the chart widget editor that opens, give this chart a name and select Scenario 1 from the Add scenario drop-down menu in the Scenarios section and remove Current Scenario. Select solution in the Table section. Close the Chart Widget Editor to save your updates. You now have two bar charts displaying the two scenarios in your Visualization view.
You can change the type of chart and its display attributes. For example, to see the raisin bran in the bar chart, change the width to 1000 in the JSON tab of the Chart widget editor.