Running example streams flow
You can use a ready-to-use example streams flow as a basis to create a similar streams flow that meets your specific needs.
We supply the Data Historian example flow. This example uses formatted weather data that streams from five weather stations. For more information, see Data Historian example streams flow. You don’t need to configure anything.
The following instances must be associated with the project where the streams flow runs:
Cloud Object Storage instance
Streaming Analytics service instance To check that the instances are associated, go to the Projects page of the project, and then click the Settings tab.
To create an instance, go to your account in IBM Cloud Dashboard. Click Create resource, and then follow the prompts.
To run an example streams flow, perform the following steps:
From the Projects menu, click View All Projects, and then click the name of any project.
In the Project page, click the Assets tab, and then click New streams flow.
In the Create Streams Flow page, click the From Example tab. Perform the following steps:
- Type in a unique streams flow name.
- Select the Streaming Analytics service that you want to use.
- Select which example streams flow you want to use.
- Select the Connection type for Cloud Object Storage.
- In the Create Connection window, complete the connection details, and then click Create.
- In the Create Streams Flow page, click Create.
In the Metrics page, click the Run icon to begin streaming.