Getting and preparing data in a project
After you create a project, or join one, the next step is to add data to the project and prepare the data for analysis.
- Required permissions
- You must have the Admin or Editor role in a project to add or prepare data.
You can add data assets from your local system, from a catalog, from the Gallery, or from connections to data sources.
You can add these types of data assets to a project:
- Data assets from files from your local system, including structured data, unstructured data, and images. The files are stored in the project's IBM Cloud Object Storage bucket.
- Connection assets that contain information for connecting to data sources. You can add connections to IBM or third-party data sources. See Supported connections.
- Connected data assets that specify a table, view, or file that is accessed through a connection to a data source.
- Connected folder assets that specify a path in IBM Cloud Object Storage.
To see which tools you can use to prepare data, open the tools and services map and click Prepare data in the tasks section.