Downloading data assets from a project
You can download data assets from a project to your local system if you have the editor or admin role in the project.
- Take care when you download assets. Collaborators can upload any type of file into a project, including files that have malware or other types of malicious code.
Download a data asset
To download a data asset that is in the project’s storage, select Download from the ACTION menu next to the asset name.
Download a connected data asset
To download a connected data asset, use Data Refinery to run a job that saves the file as the output of a Data Refinery flow. The output of the Data Refinery flow is a new CSV file in the project’s storage.
- Click the asset name to open it.
- Click Refine.
- From the Jobs menu, click Save and create a job. Enter a job name and click Create and Run.
- Go back to the Assets page. Refresh the page. By default, the downloadable asset is named table-name_shaped.csv.
- Choose Download from the ACTION menu next to the asset name.