IBM Planning Analytics connection
To access your data in Planning Analytics, create a connection asset for it. Planning Analytics (formerly known as "TM1") is an enterprise performance management database that stores data in in-memory multidimensional OLAP cubes.
IBM Planning Analytics, version 2.0.5 or later
Create a connection to Planning Analytics
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- TM1 server API root URL
- Authentication type (Basic or CAM Credentials)
- Username and password
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
For authentication setup information, see Authenticating and managing sessions.
For Private connectivity, to connect to a database that is not externalized to the internet (for example, behind a firewall), you must set up a secure connection.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
In a project Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
In a catalog Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
In a deployment space Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
In the Platform assets catalog Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use Planning Analytics connections in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or Watson Knowledge Catalog)
- Notebooks (Watson Studio). Use the insert-to-code function to get the connection credentials and load the data into a data structure. See Load data from data source connections.
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
- Platform assets catalog
- Other catalogs (Watson Knowledge Catalog)
Watson Query service You can connect to this data source from Watson Query.
Planning Analytics setup
Enable TM1 REST APIs on the TM1 Server. See TMI REST API Installation and configuration.
- For Data Refinery, you can use this connection only as a source. You cannot use this connection as a target connection or as a target connected data asset.
Running SQL statements
To ensure that your SQL statements run correctly, refer to the Planning Analytics documentation for the correct syntax.
Parent topic: Supported connections