Apache Cassandra connection
To access your data in Apache Cassandra, create a connection asset for it.
Apache Cassandra is an open source, distributed, NoSQL database.
Apache Cassandra 2.0 or later
Create a connection to Apache Cassandra
To create the connection asset, you need these connection details:
- Hostname or IP address
- Port number
- Username and password
- SSL certificate (if required by the database server)
For Private connectivity, to connect to a database that is not externalized to the internet (for example, behind a firewall), you must set up a secure connection.
Choose the method for creating a connection based on where you are in the platform
In a project Click Assets > New asset > Data access tools > Connection. See Adding a connection to a project.
In a catalog Click Add to catalog > Connection. See Adding a connection asset to a catalog.
In a deployment space Click Add to space > Connection. See Adding connections to a deployment space.
In the Platform assets catalog Click New connection. See Adding platform connections.
Next step: Add data assets from the connection
Where you can use this connection
You can use Apache Cassandra connections in the following workspaces and tools:
- Data Refinery (Watson Studio or Watson Knowledge Catalog)
- DataStage (DataStage service). The Apache Cassandra (optimized) connection for DataStage gives you increased performance and more features such as before and after SQL statements, sparse lookup, and rejects links. However, you cannot use the "(optimized)" connection outside of the DataStage service.
- Metadata import (Watson Knowledge Catalog)
- Notebooks (Watson Studio). Use the insert-to-code function to get the connection credentials and load the data into a data structure. See Load data from data source connections.
- SPSS Modeler (Watson Studio)
- Platform assets catalog
- Other catalogs (Watson Knowledge Catalog)
Apache Cassandra setup
Running SQL statements
To ensure that your SQL statements run correctly, refer to the Apache Cassandra documentation for the correct syntax.
Parent topic: Supported connections