Watson Studio offering plans
The plan you choose for Watson Studio affects the features and capabilities that you can use. See the plan pages in IBM Cloud for pricing information.
Watson Studio has Lite, Standard, and Enterprise plans. You can provision multiple Watson Studio Standard and Enterprise instances in an IBM Cloud account. However, you can provision only one Watson Studio Lite instance per IBM Cloud account.
All Watson Studio plans contain these features without additional services:
- Watson services APIs to run in notebooks.
- Jupyter notebooks to analyze data with Python, R, or Scala code.
- RStudio to analyze data with R code.
- Small runtime environments as compute resources for analytical tools.
- The base set of connectors to data sources.
- Data Refinery to shape and cleanse data.
- Collaboration in projects.
- Gallery for resources to help you learn and samples that you can use.
- The Watson Knowledge Catalog Lite plan to try catalog and policy features.
All Watson Studio plans contain these features that require additional IBM Cloud services:
- Visual Recognition models to analyze images.
- Natural Language Classifier models to classify text.
- Analytical dashboards to visualize analytical results.
- Machine learning models, including AutoAI, to build analytical models.
- Deep learning experiments to optimize neural networks.
Some Watson Studio plans include these features:
- Crowd annotation integration to improve training data.
- Encrypt your IBM Cloud Object Storage instance with your own key.
- Additional connectors to data sources. Standard plan adds the Dropbox and Tableau connectors. Enterprise plan adds the Dropbox, Looker, OData, SAP OData, and Tableau connectors.
- Large runtime environments with 8 or more vCPUs as compute resources for analytical tools.
- GPU environments for running notebooks.
- Associate the IBM Analytics Engine service to provide Spark environments.
- Associate the Amazon EMR service to work with data in Amazon Simple Storage Service or Amazon DynamoDB.
- Export projects.
The Lite plan allows only one user Watson Studio. That means that other collaborators in your projects must have their own Watson Studio Lite plans.
The Standard and Enterprise plans include a set number of authorized users, which are project collaborators who have the Admin or Editor role, plus an unlimited number of collaborators who have the Viewer role. You can pay to have more collaborators with the Admin or Editor roles. You adjust the number of authorized users on the Authorized Users page. See Manage authorized users.
A set amount of compute usage is included in each plan. Compute usage is measured in capacity unit hours (CUH). With the Standard and Enterprise plans, you can pay for more compute usage. For details on computing resource allocation and consumption, see Runtime usage.
|Crowd annotation integration||✓||✓|
|Custom encryption keys||✓|
|Connectors||base set||more connectors||all connectors|
|IBM Analytics Engine environments||✓|
|Collaborators||1||1 + viewers + pay for more||10 + viewers + pay for more|
|Processing usage||50 CUH||50 CUH + pay for more||5000 CUH + pay for more|
|HIPAA readiness||Available if provisioned on IBM Cloud - Dallas region|