Finding and viewing business terms
To find and view business terms, choose Catalog > Business Glossary. All catalog members can view terms.
Terms are sorted onto separate pages by status:
- Published. Default page. Lists terms that are in use.
- Draft. Lists terms that are not yet in use.
- Archived. Lists terms that are no longer in use.
Within a status, you can find terms with these methods:
- Sort by or search for the term name.
- Search for tags associated with terms.
- Sort by the term modification dates.
To view a term in the glossary, click its name. You’ll see a set of pages about the term:
Select the Overview tab to view details about the selected term, such as information about the term creation date, the owner, and the tags that can be associated with an asset. It also shows the associated classifier or term, and the description displayed for this term.
It displays a graph with a bar chart for the number of views and a list of associated rules.
Click the Related content tab to view details about the associations of the selected business term. The doughnut chart shows the total number of assets, policies, and rules that are related to this business term. This tab also lists the assets, policies, and rules that are related to this business term.
You can select an item from this list to view details.