Setting up the Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning services
The Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning services are provisioned automatically with a Lite plan when you sign up for Cloud Pak for Data as a Service. To set up Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning for an organization, you upgrade the service plans. You allow the node IP addresses access through the firewall.
To set up the Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning services, complete these tasks:
Step 1: Upgrade the services to the appropriate plans
- Required roles
- You must be the IBM Cloud account Owner or Administrator.
To upgrade the services:
- Determine the Watson Studio service plan that you need. The features and compute resources of Watson Studio vary across the service plans. See Watson Studio service plans.
- While logged in to Cloud Pak for Data as a Service, from the main menu, click Services > Service instances.
- Click the menu next to the Watson Studio service and choose Upgrade service.
- Choose the plan you want and click Upgrade.
- Repeat the steps for the Watson Machine Learning service. The resources and number of deployment jobs vary across the Watson Machine Learning service plans. See Watson Machine Learning service plans.
Make sure that object storage is configured to allow these users to create catalogs and projects. See Setting up IBM Cloud Object Storage for use with Cloud Pak for Data as a Service.
All users in your IBM Cloud account with the Editor IAM platform access role for all IAM enabled services or for Cloud Pak for Data can now create projects and use all the Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning tools.
Step 2: Allow IP addresses for Watson Studio for your region
The IP addresses for the Watson Studio nodes in each region must be configured as allowed IP addresses for the IBM Cloud account. When allowing specific IP addresses for Watson Studio, you include the CIDR ranges for the Watson Studio nodes in each region to allow a secure connection through the firewall.
- Required roles
- You must have the Editor or higher IBM Cloud IAM Platform role to allow IP addresses.
First look up the CIDR blocks in Cloud Pak for Data as a Service, and then enter them into the Access(IAM) > Settings screen in IBM Cloud. Follow these steps:
- From the Cloud Pak for Data as a Service main menu, select Administration > Cloud integrations.
- Click Firewall configuration to display the IP addresses for the current region.
- Checkmark Show IP ranges in CIDR notation.
- Click the icon to copy a CIDR block to the clipboard.
- Enter the CIDR block of IP addresses into the Access(IAM) > Settings > Restrict IP address access > Allowed IP addresses for the IBM Cloud account.
- Then click Save.
- Repeat for each CIDR block until all are entered.
- Repeat for each region.
For step-by-step instructions, see IBM Cloud docs: Allowing specific IP addresses.
Finish the remaining steps for setting up the platform.
Parent topic: Setting up the platform for administrators