Stop using Watson apps
The method you choose to stop using Watson apps depends on your goal:
- To remove your access to Watson apps in all IBM Cloud accounts that you belong to, deactive your Watson apps profile.
- To stop all use of Watson apps in your IBM Cloud account, delete the Watson app services in your IBM Cloud account.
- To stop all use of all IBM Cloud services in your account, delete your IBM Cloud account.
When other users in your account stop using Watson apps, they are cleaned up appropriately. When the last collaborator in a catalog with the Admin role leaves, the catalog is deleted.
Deactivate your Watson apps profile
If you want to remove your access to Watson apps, delete your Watson profile by clicking your avatar and then Profile. On the Profile page, click Deactivate. If you change your mind about deactivation, you can sign up to re-activate your profile.
Use if you want to stop using Watson apps, you are not the account owner, and you want to keep your IBM Cloud account.
These are the results when you deactivate your Watson apps profile:
- Your Watson apps profile is deleted and you can’t log in to Watson Studio or Watson Knowledge Catalog.
- The projects where you are the only collaborator are deleted.
- You remain a collaborator in all other projects in your account and other accounts.
- For projects that have other collaborators and don’t have other administrators, you must delegate the admin role for each project or delete the projects.
- You are prompted to delete some assets from the projects in your IBM Cloud account.
- You are removed as collaborator from all catalogs in all accounts.
- Your catalogs and the catalog assets that you own remain and the owner name is set to “Unknown” after 30 days.
- Any Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog service instances that you own in IBM Cloud remain and billing continues for 30 days.
- The data in your IBM Cloud Object Storage buckets is retained.
Delete your Watson app services
To remove your Watson Studio or Watson Knowledge Catalog app, click your avatar and then Settings. Click the menu next to the service you want to remove and choose Delete. This action is the same as deleting your Watson Studio or Watson Knowledge Catalog service in IBM Cloud. If you change your mind within 30 days, you can get your apps and data back by provisioning Watson Studio and Watson Knowledge Catalog services.
These are the results when you delete your Watson Studio or Watson Knowledge Catalog app or service:
- Your Watson apps profile remains.
- You can no longer access your Watson apps from that IBM Cloud account.
- You can still access your Watson apps from other accounts.
- Your billing for Watson apps stops.
- Your data in IBM Cloud Object Storage remains.
- Your projects remain.
- The catalogs in your IBM Cloud account are suspended for 30 days and then deleted.
- You remain a collaborator in all your projects and in catalogs in other IBM Cloud accounts.
Delete your IBM Cloud account
If you want to stop using IBM Cloud services altogether and delete all your data, you can deactivate your IBM Cloud account. In the IBM Cloud console, go to the Manage > Billing and Usage > Billing page, and click Deactivate Account. You can’t change your mind and recover your profiles or data.
These are the results when your IBM Cloud account is in the Cancelled state:
- All your data in IBM Cloud is permanently deleted.
- The projects and catalogs in your account are deleted.
- Your Watson apps profile and your IBM Cloud profile are deleted.
- All the IBM Cloud services in you account are deleted.
- You are removed as a collaborator from projects and catalogs in other accounts within 30 days.