Setting up Watson Studio Enterprise
When you purchase the Watson Studio Enterprise plan, you must perform configuration tasks in your IBM Cloud account and within Watson Studio. Then, your users can join your Watson Studio app.
Step 1: Purchase Watson Studio Enterprise
If you have a Pay-go or subscription IBM Cloud account with enough credits, you can purchase Watson Studio Enterprise directly from IBM Cloud. Otherwise, you must purchase Watson Studio Enterprise from your IBM sales representative.
To purchase Watson Studio Enterprise:
- If necessary, order Watson Studio Enterprise through your IBM sales representative and wait for a welcome email. If you did not receive the welcome email within two days, contact the Watson Studio support team through the chat service.
- Go to the Watson Studio plan page and log in to your IBM Cloud account.
- Select the appropriate region and resource group to provision to.
- Select the appropriate plan:
- Enterprise v2 (via IBM sales) if you ordered through IBM sales.
- Enterprise v2 if your are purchasing through IBM Cloud.
- Click Create.
- Go to your Service Console Dashboard, click the Watson Studio Enterprise instance, and then click Get Started.
- Complete your registration.
Step 2: Set up tasks for account administrators
As the IBM Cloud account owner or administrator, follow the instructions in Set up additional account users to finish setting up Watson Studio Enterprise by completing these steps:
- Provision an IBM Cloud Object Storage service with the Standard pricing plan for the account.
- Add non-administrative users to the account and assign user roles so that they can access the account’s resources.
- Assign IBM Watson apps permissions and roles.
- Add administrative users to the account.
Step 3: Set up tasks for each team member
As a team member, you must sign up for Watson Studio with your personal IBM Cloud account and then specify the account details for Watson Studio Enterprise.
To start using Watson Studio Enterprise:
- Ask your administrator for this information:
- The IBM Cloud account name
- The resource group name, if your organization has more than one group. The default resource group is named “Default”.
- Go to dataplatform.cloud.ibm.com.
- Log in with your personal IBM Cloud credentials.
- When prompted, select the IBM Cloud account name and the resource group name.
- Click Continue. Your Watson Studio home page appears. Although you log in with your personal IBM Cloud credentials, you see the name of your organization’s account next to your avatar in the menu bar.
You can now use Watson Studio as an enterprise user.
Go directly to the Watson Studio site for your region to log in with your personal credentials:
- Dallas (US South): dataplatform.cloud.ibm.com
- London (United Kingdom): eu-gb.dataplatform.cloud.ibm.com
- Frankfurt (Germany): eu-de.dataplatform.cloud.ibm.com
- Tokyo (AP-North): jp-tok.dataplatform.cloud.ibm.com
Step 4: Use enterprise services in Watson Studio tasks for team members
To use Watson Studio Enterprise assets, associate your Watson Studio projects with the IBM Cloud Object Storage instance and any other service instances that the administrator set up for Watson Studio Enterprise.
To create a project with enterprise services:
- Get the names of the IBM Cloud Object Storage and other service instances from your administrator.
- Log in to Watson Studio.
- Click Create project and select a project starter.
- On the New project page, choose the appropriate instance names for the services you need.
- Click Create.
To add an enterprise service to an existing project:
- Get the names of the service instance from your administrator.
- Open the project.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the Associated Services section, click Add service and choose the appropriate service type and name.
- Select the instance name from the list and click Select.