Setting up Watson Studio Enterprise
When you purchase the Watson Studio Enterprise plan, you must perform configuration tasks in your IBM Cloud account and within Watson Studio. Then, your users can join your Watson Studio.
Step 1: Purchase Watson Studio Enterprise
You must have enough credits in your IBM Cloud account to purchase Watson Studio Enterprise. If necessary, subscribe to Cloud Pak for Data as a Service or upgrade your account to Pay-As-You-Go.
To purchase Watson Studio Enterprise:
- Go to the Watson Studio plan page and log in to your IBM Cloud account.
- Select the appropriate region and resource group to provision to.
- Select the Enterprise v2 plan.
- Click Create.
- Go to your Service Console Dashboard, click the Watson Studio Enterprise instance, and then click Get Started.
- Complete your registration.
Step 2: Set up tasks for account administrators
As the IBM Cloud account owner or administrator, follow the instructions in Set up a Cloud Pak for Data as a Service account for your organization to finish setting up Watson Studio Enterprise by completing these steps:
- Provision and configure the IBM Cloud Object Storage service for project and catalog storage.
- Provision or upgrade other services for Cloud Pak for Data as a Service.
- Add non-administrative users to the IBM Cloud account and assign user roles so that they can access the account’s resources.
- Add administrative users to the IBM Cloud account.
- Assign the Watson Knowledge Catalog service administrator role to non-administrative users who need to create catalogs and governance artifacts.
- Set the number of authorized users for Watson Studio to the number of users you added to your account.
Step 3: Set up tasks for each team member
Team members, must sign up for Watson Studio with their personal IBM Cloud accounts and then specify the account details for Watson Studio Enterprise. They must follow the instructions for joining their organization’s account.