Creating and managing IBM Cloud services
You can create IBM Cloud service instances within Cloud Pak for Data as a Service from the Services catalog.
To view the Services catalog, select Service > Services catalog from the main menu. For a description of each service, see Services.
You can see and manage your existing services by selecting Services > Service instances from the main menu. You can filter which services you see by resource group, organization, and region.
Creating a service
You must have administrator permissions on the IBM Cloud account for Cloud Pak for Data as a Service.
To create a service:
- Log in to Cloud Pak for Data as a Service.
- Select Service > Services catalog from the main menu.
- Click the service you want to create.
- Specify the IBM Cloud service region.
- Select a plan.
- If necessary, select the resource group or organization.
- Click Create.
You must have administrator permissions in the IBM Cloud account for the service.
To manage a service:
- Select Services > Service instances from the main menu.
- Click the actions menu next to the service name and select Manage in IBM Cloud.
The service page in IBM Cloud opens in a separate tab or window in your browser.
To use the tools or APIs from a service in a project, you must associate the service with the project.