Db2 on Cloud Pak for Data as a Service
IBM Db2 provides advanced data management and analytics capabilities for transactional workloads. Db2 has no processor, memory, or database size limits, which makes it ideal for any size workload. The Db2 service enables you to create these databases in your IBM Cloud Pak for Data cluster so that you can govern the data and use it for more in-depth analysis.
Integrating a Db2 database with IBM Cloud Pak for Data can be useful in the following situations:
- You need your transactional data to be governed, such as data from a website, bank, or retail store.
- You want to create a replica of your transactional database so that you can run analytics without impacting regular business operations.
- You need to ensure the integrity of your data by using an ACID-compliant database.
- You need a low-latency database.
- You need real-time insight into your business operations.
This service provides a database that you can connect to from Watson Studio and IBM Knowledge Catalog.
|IBM® Knowledge Catalog||Create catalogs of curated assets with this secure enterprise catalog management platform that is supported by a data governance framework.|
|Watson™ Studio||Prepare, analyze, and model data in a collaborative environment with tools for data scientists, developers, and domain experts.|