Define conditions for data policies
When creating rules you can define one or more conditions in the rule builder. For each condition you must complete both fields and select an operator:
- The first term in a rule condition specifies an asset or user property. It can be one of the following:
- The operators of this condition depend on your selection for the first term. The operators must be the same within a condition as well as between condition blocks.
- Depending on the first term of this condition, the second term can be one of the following:
- If there are values listed, choose a value from the list, such as:
- Otherwise, enter one or more values separated by commas or spaces, such as tags, user IDs, or names.
- To enter a name or user ID, start typing the name or email address of a user in your IBM Cloud account and choose the account user from the selection list. Press Enter to add more values if applicable.
- To add multiple values for tags manually, separate these values with a comma or a space.
- Specify the next conditions if required:
- Click to specify additional conditions.
- Click to remove conditions.
- Select the action to take when the specified conditions are met:
- Deny access to the asset
- Anonymize data
- Click Create.