Manage rules for data policies
Rules control access to assets. Access to an asset is allowed, for example, if all rules are processed and none of the rule conditions result in a deny action.
Rules are based on criteria, conditions, and an action you define. They use predefined terms in expressions to define conditions. These terms can be defined and managed in the business glossary.
You can define rules, separately, and later add them to policies. They are processed when these data policies are enforced.
Some Watson Knowledge Catalog plans have limits on the number of rules that you can create.
To manage rules you must be assigned the Admin role for the Watson Knowledge Catalog app. Open Catalog > Policy Manager, then:
- Click Add > Rule to create a rule.
- Add new rules or existing rules to policies.
- Click an existing category name to check the assigned policies and rules.
- Click a rule to view or edit rule details and conditions.
- View a policy to check or select the rules that are assigned.
- Edit a policy to remove or add rules.
Note: You can't delete existing rules.