Use the Regroup step to create a parent-child list relationship from a single list.
Remove redundancy in a data set by using the Regroup step to transform the items in one list into nested list. Identify items that contain redundant data and move them into a parent list. Identify child items to move in to a child list.
- List to regroup
- Select the list to regroup.
- Select the scope. The scope must always be the parent of the list that is selected as the List to regroup.
- Parent and Child Items
- Drag items to identify which belong to the parent list and which belong to the child list.
- Specify one or more keys to use for the regroup operation. For each unique instance of a key field, a separate entry is made in the list.
- Input records of regroup lists are clustered by key – optimize execution
- If the input records have already been sorted by the selected key, select this option to improve performance.