Determining mapping candidates
For each item in the target structure, the mapping table automatically presents a list of valid mapping candidates.
- Create a list that contains all of the valid mapping candidates. Valid candidates are unambiguous.
- Select only the candidates that meet the specified level of conversion accuracy. By default, the level for conversion accuracy is lossy; candidates must have a data type that can be converted to the target data type without creating a possible runtime error.
- Evaluate the similarity of the name and of the data type of the source and target items. Assign a score to each candidate, based on the similarity of the names and data types.
- Select the highest scoring candidate to use for the Auto map option.
- Select the highest scoring candidates to present on the mapping candidate list, which displays when you press the down-arrow on the source item in the mapping table. By default, the mapping candidate list displays the top 5 candidates.
To change the level of conversion accuracy and the number of mapping candidates to present on the candidate list, choose.