Updating the state file
To update the state file, add a Surrogate Key Generator stage to a flow with a single input link from another stage. If the state file does not exist, you can optionally create it in the same flow.
Before you edit the Surrogate Key Generator stage, you must edit the stage on the input link. In the data input stage, specify details about the data source, such as the table name and connection properties, and define the column metadata.
- Open the Surrogate Key Generator details pane.
- On the Stage tab, define the stage properties in the
- Set the Source Type property to Flat File or Database sequence.
- Specify a source name in the Source name field.
- If you chose Database sequence, select
for source connector and specify a source
connection. Note: The password for the connection must be parameterized to an encrypted password to run end to end.
- Set the Key source action property to Update, or if the state file does not exist and you want to create it, select Create.
- Optional: If you chose Database sequence, select additional properties of sequence block size and sequence initial value.
- Select the input column to update the state file.
The input column usually is the surrogate key column.
- Optional: On the Advanced tab, change the processing settings for the stage.
- Optional: On the Input tab, define the input data to
- In the Partitioning section, change the partition settings for the input link.
- In the Columns section, configure columns as needed.
- In the Advanced section, change the buffer settings for the input link.
- Click Save to save your changes and to close the Surrogate Key Generator details pane.